Clock begins ticking at the swim start signal and will run continuously until the end of the competition. Cut off time is 17 hours after the last wave start.
Elapsed time from your wave start until you cross the finish line will be accounted for as your competition time; transitions, rest, toilet stops, are part of your race time.
Time splits for every segment of the competition will be available.
Time limit for the swim portion is 2 hours and 20 minutes after the last wave start, any competitor who remains in the water after this time will be disqualified, and cannot continue in the race.
For the bike segment the time limit is 10 hours and 30 minutes after the last wave start, any competitor who remains on the bike course after this time will be disqualified, and cannot continue with the race.
The same rules and conditions apply to the running segment, with a time limit of 17 hours after the last wave start.
Race timing will be provided by Ipico Sports.
Remember: No Chip = No Time
Your responsibilities as a competitor are:
1. When you pick up your race packet, stop by the chip verification table to ensure that your personal details appear correctly on the computer screen.
2. You must wear your timing chip at all times while you are racing. Fasten it to your ankle with the velcro strap provided before the swim start and leave it on until after you finish the run. You may apply Vaseline around your ankle, doing so will not affect the chip functioning. Volunteers will help you remove the chip at the finish line.
3. If you do not start the race on Sunday, you are still responsible for returning your chip. Chips should be returned to the address indicated on the envelope.
4. If you drop out or are pulled from the race at any time, turn in your chip to a race official. Failure to do is grounds for disqualification and might prevent you from participating in future IRONMAN events. It is essential that we know where you are on the course at all times for your safety and our peace of mind. If you are transported to any medical station, the medical staff will be responsible for your chip.
5. The race chip doesn’t belong to you. By picking up your race number and chip, you commit to return it to race management. If you fail to do so, you will be charged for the chip with the same credit card used for registration.
6. Failure to wear your timing chip on race day, to return it after the event or to pay the replacement cost in case of lost chip, may prevent you from entering future IRONMAN events